San Mateo County Facilities Recycling
RecycleWorks and Custodial Services have set up an extensive recycling program throughout County facilities that saves natural resources and County dollars every day. The more we recycle, the lower our garbage bills and the less we waste. In the end, recycling is good for the environment and our bottom line! Explore the links to the left for information about how you can help us green San Mateo County.
RecycleWorks provides assistance to County departments and offices. Any employee can contact RecycleWorks with suggestions or requests for assistance, and RecycleWorks will follow up appropriately.
RecycleWorks will assist you to set up waste reduction and recycling programs by providing:
- Recycling bins and labels to make your office recycling a success
- Assistance with recycling other materials such as excess binders, CDs, food waste, etc.
- Technical support to your office in purchasing or acquiring used items or products with recycled content
Oversight of outside external trash and recycling bin service
- Set up new recycling service with waste hauler
- Address illegal dumping on County sites
- Realize opportunities for the County to save money by using less